Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First ring


The weather outside has been less than cooperative for metal detecting lately. Finally got ground that was soft enough to dig (at least in the tot lots and sandboxes) on January 15, 2010. I had been detecting and not digging while the ground was frozen and had made mental notes of where I had gotten decent signals. I had gotten a signal in the small sandbox where I found the ring but was unable to dig even in the frozen sand with my composite digger so I had decided to come back later. Luckily the area is not hunted much if at all. I was thinking I would probably be digging up a penny or maybe a dime but was surprised when I dug up the ring. I think my heart may have skipped a beat when I saw the diamonds. Upon cleaning my find I discovered it was a child's ring and probably copper/silver plated with fake diamonds. Still a fun find though.
Until next time...
HH
Keep your Coil to the Soil

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    Way to go on your find...the ring is awesome! Glad to hear that you were able to get out and dig. Hopefully you will stay unfrozen for a while so that you can continue to unearth treasures.

    Take care,
    Steve from Seattle

    ReplyDelete