Saturday, January 2, 2010

Toy soldier

I've only been detecting since Christmas. I'm still learning my Ace 250, but the last day of 2009 proved to be a good one. I was detecting in my father-in-law's back yard in an area he has said he lost a pocket knife. I got a good signal and pinpointed the item and began digging. Thinking I have have found the knife, he and I were both surprised when I dug up a little metal toy soldier. The look on his face was priceless. He remembered playing with the soldier as a little boy. He's in his 70s now and has lived in the house since he was 2-years-old. The property dates back to the 1800s. Now I'm in search of the toy soldier graveyard he thinks may be in the backyard, and I'm still looking for the pocket knife.


If anyone knows any history about this type of toy soldier please comment. Until next time...
Keep your coil to the soil.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    Great story and find! It's such a treat to be able to search an area that you are familiar with and find something from years back. Congrats!!

    Awesome job!

    Take care,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete